Thursday, January 21, 2010
Birthday Celebrations
Yesterday was my birthday and it was certainly better than last year. Last year on my birthday I was on a plane for 8 hours and when I finally landed in Moscow they had lost my luggage. This year I woke up with a phone call to my parents and birthday greetings on facebook. Then Igor, my trusty electrician, came over to finish rewiring my apartment. When he was finally done it was time to work out, shower, and get ready to party. I picked my friend Zenya up after work and we went to a really nice Japaneese resturant. I almost never go out to eat and it was wonderful. Zenya gave me soft fur lined leather gloves that I deffinitly needed. After dinner we headed over to Zenya's sisters house Anya. Yesterday was her birthday too. There were other friends from church there and we celebrated together. I even got to hold one infant for awhile and see Anya's 6 day old baby, quite a treat here. The night ended pretty late. We stayed and talked with one of Anya and Sasha's friends. Evgeniy is Orthodox and he wanted to debate theology for awhile. Theology is not my favorite subject but it was an interesting way to end a very good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had friends to spend the day with! Although selfishly, I wish I could have been with you! -Blythe
Post a Comment