Sunday, April 05, 2009

Yeah!

Russia is a modern nation but still I can't think of a more disorganized nation. Plans constantly change. You never really know what your day can hold. While I am constantly frustrated with feeling unprepared, or prepared for something that never takes place, there are blessings that occur. This week I was not suposed to lead my singles group because we were having a potluck after church. Of course we didn't have a potluck and I didn't prepare for group but I had group. I had less than two hours to clean my house, bake brownies and prepare for my small group.

This week we discussed the first two days of "The Purpose Driven Life." I had already read the chapters in Russian but I quickly reread them in English and wrote out some discussion questions. I was so worried. It was one of those times I prayed "God, this has got to come from you because I have nothing to give. Help me lead this group." God heard my prayers and answered them. The discussion went wonderful and we had a great time of prayer.

I lead my very first study in Russian! God certainly deserves all the glory.

No comments: