Can you tell I'm running out of things to blog about? Well, maybe you will find this interesting. If not, never fear, I will be in ministry soon and will have more interesting things to write about.
First you need to understand that things in Russia take at least twice as long for many reasons. One I am still using public transportation, but I will be buying a car once I'm in Nizhniy Novgorod! The lines here are long and slow. Customer service means something different in Russia. Well, the list could go on. Here is how I spent Friday, a day off from school.
In the morning I talked to my mom on the phone and then I spent some much needed down time and watched a movie. After that I headed out into town. I exchanged money and bought airline tickets. I then went to the outdoor market and grocery store. When I got home it was mid afternoon so I decided to make lunch. Then I washed my fruits and veggies that I had bought at the market and cleaned the kitchen, picked up the rest of the house, and did a little more packing. Oh I also very carefully washed a dry clean only dress and ironed it. I even had to iron the pleats. That took awhile. Then I ironed some other shirts, I only iron a few times a year so this was a big deal for me. By the time I finished I had a few minutes to check e-mail before heading out again. Last night we had a womens game night at one of my classmates homes. After an hour of travel I arrived at 6:30. I spent the evening enjoying myself and laughing alot before coming home at midnight.
So there was my full day but what did I get accomplished?
Exchanged money
Bought airline tickets and groceries
Washed fruits and veggies
Cleaned the kitchen
Packed
Ironed
In the context of Russia that is accomplishing a lot. In America I would feel like such a slacker. You might ask if I've completed my to do list. I am far from finishing this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment