Monday, September 10, 2007

Opps

Where I partially fell through the ceiling.
The first floor will be the new nurses station and the second and third floors will be dormitories.



From Wednesday evening to Sunday morning I had the priviledge of being at our camp on the Black Sea. There is a team of 6 from the Rocky Mountian District doing construction. When I was there on Thursday they were finishing up a large shed type structure to cover the camp's water treatment plant. Then in the afternoon they moved into the medical building and dormitories. The building had already been started but it the current framing needed to be reinforced and completed. On Friday I was helping to translate because the missionaries were gone for the day. I was asked to help on the second floor. The second floor was just rough beams and underneath part of it was a thin plastic panneled ceiling. I was passing a board to someone and I lost my balance. My leg went through the plastic ceiling. I caught myself on one of the two by fours. I didn't completely fall through. Praise the Lord! I just ended up with a dark black bruise the size and shape of a brick.

My other interesting adventure happened at the Black Sea. In the evenings after work the team and I would go down to the sea to swim and watch the sunset. It was so beautiful. My team mates in Krasnodar came down to the beach on Saturday and Sunday. I went down with them durring the day. On Sunday the waves were enormous, we weren't allowed to swim. We did put our feet in at the edge of the water. Even that proved to be dangerous. One wave kicked up a rock and through it hard straight into my big toe which then came out bloody. It wasn't exactly the weekend I was planing on but it was good anyway.

The best part of the weekend was meeting about 15 women who all graduated from the same course in children's ministry. They are all Russians and serve throughout the country in churches and orphanages. I was able to talk to them some and worship together with them. It was a tremendous blessing to meet other women with the same heart as I have. They are doing what I want to be doing.

2 comments:

Transient Drifter said...

Hey Sarah, sounds like an exciting weekend. I must say I do enjoy manual labor myself :) Not so much of that around here, but I'm definitely getting my mental work outs in!

Transient Drifter said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!