Monday, September 17, 2007

Just the begining

I know I haven’t written for awhile so go back in time with me to Monday September 10. I went to school in the morning after a weekend full of activity. Everything seemed to be going normal. Then by the afternoon there was a change. I noticed that my stomach was a bit queasy. I pretty much ignored it. After dinner I couldn’t ignore the pain any longer. I was in the middle of what I thought was the full blown stomach flu. The flu was going around but my particular variety seemed a bit different. After all we all know that I am special.
I stayed home from school on Tuesday and Wednesday and I thought I was on the mend. Then Thursday arrived. I hadn’t eaten for days and I dared try to eat a couple of crackers and a piece of toast. It started everything up again. By Thursday night I couldn’t bear it any longer and I knew I was terribly dehydrated. I called to an international clinic in Moscow and told them my condition. They wanted to send a doctor to my house immediately. There were no contact doctors in Krasnodar available so the alternative was an ambulance. I decided to wait until Friday morning.
Friday at noon Kim took me to a clinic near my house. We went stray to the registration room and paid and then they told us there was going to be a fire drill and I would have to wait outside. We couldn’t go down the stairs we had just come up because of course we had to go out the fire escape. We head for the fire escape only to find it locked. Mind you I am miserable and I have no humor inside of me, otherwise this would be a humorous situation. Some people start yelling and a nurse comes running to unlock the fire escape. We stand on the fire escape next to the building in the pouring rain for the fire drill. My doctor sees how bad I am and decides to be kind and brave.
The doctor sneaks me into the building, literally on tip toes. I get into her office and we begin explaining all of my symptoms and going through the routine. Finally she has me lay down and she feels my stomach. Then we go back into her office but by this time I am spent. I ask to lie down again. Shortly after that I begin throwing up. Without any warning she calls for an ambulance and says I am going into the hospital. What transpired for the next half an hour was a long debate between Kim and the doctors while I was curled up vomiting and trying to have an opinion.
That gets us up to Friday afternoon September 14. If God gives me the energy I will write the next installment tomorrow.

3 comments:

Donnie and Blythe said...

What a colorful description! I didn't know the part about the fire escape. That's crazy! By the way, I'm so glad you're better now, but I guess I'm giving away the end of the story!

Anonymous said...

I love hearing your story! The part about you having no humor inside of you is funny...it's quite a story now! I can't wait to hear the rest. We had word at church and via e-mail that you were in the hospital, and I was wondering how you were. I'm glad that it sounds like you're on the mend.

Shutting Down said...

Hi, Sarah..I just sent you an email and thought you might not read it for safety purposes. My name is Karina and I think I know you from Claremont High School. I graduated in 1991. I am sorry if I'm bothering you if you're the girl I think you are. Either way, blessings and peace to you in Russia. God is Sovereign.