Well I'm sorry it has been awhile since I've blogged. I guess Christmas was so busy, as were the days leading up to it. Now that Christmas is over I have been enjoying my break. Maybe a bit too much. I will do my best to give you a quick recap of the past week.
Wednesday: Had a wonderful afternoon at the orphanage. We only had 7 girls this time. We did a craft and a game with them and it was a fun time for all. We are plannin on going back again next week.
Thursday: The last day of classes, hurrah! Even better than that was the fact that we didn't really have classes. We ended up watching clasic Russian New Years movie, with subtitiles of course.
Friday: Preparing for my wonderful Christmas party. There were supposed to be 7 girls comming. Well I ended up with three. The evening was still a lot of fun. The only problem was one of my close friends didn't come and she has been canceling a lot on me, very last minute. I'm about at the end of my patience. I had a great time with my two language helpers and one of my language helpers sisters.
Saturday: I ended up spending the day in Mykop, two hours away. I went to help pass out Christmas presents and food to very needy families. I can't think of a better way to spend the day.
Sunday: Church in the morning. I almost cried when we sang Silent Night in Russian, but I think I made it through without a tear. Then I went home for the afternoon and in the evening the team in Krasnodar got together. We had a fun night of eating, singing, stories, and presents. I ended up going home with a police car mug, you have to love the white elephant gifts.
Monday: Christmas morning and no snow. I did have a wonderful long phone call with my family. I opened my presents and they opened theirs. I spent the afternoon and evening at a friends house. We talked, ate, and played games.
Tuesday: Finally a morning to sleep in. I did do some homework and meet with one of my language helpers, Oksana. Then I spent the evening with Jerry and Kim and family. We watched movies, played games, and had left over Christmas Dinner.
Wednesday, Today: A fully relaxing day, and fairly boring. I have watched too much TV. I went out for a little bit this afternoon to run errands, nothing interesting.
Thursday, Tomorrow: A day at the mall with some team mates. Bowling, shopping, and McDonalds. Something to look forward to you.
Thank you for all of your prayers over Christmas. I certainly had a wonderful time.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas Sarah! Sounds like you've had a great busy holiday. I have the house to myself today and I'm loving the quiet after all the CRAZY!!!
Post a Comment