I'm studying phoetics right now and I must admit it is not fun for me. I can hear different sounds but to produce them and transcribe them in funny squiggly lines is not something I am very good at. Yesterday I had a quiz and I only pronounced three full words correctly! Do you want to hear my excuse? I don't pronounce things clearly in English! Do you think my phonetics teachers will accept my excuse? Regardless I only have one week left of classes and I am very ready to be done and move on. I know Russian will not be easy but I sure hope I will enjoy it a little or at least be able to laugh at myself.
This morning I decided to skip my lecture to watch the world cup. The game was quite exciting until Ghana scored their second goal. Then the fun had to end and I had to go to phonetics. Today we learned about 8 different ways to make a "n" sound. Can you think of 8 different ways to say "n." If you can maybe you can help me. I have another quiz tommorrow. I've reconciled myself to the fact that middle of the pack will just have to do. Phonetics is not my gift.
On the exciting end my sister is comming this weekend. I am very excited to see her. On Saturday we will be going to Six Flags Chicago. I'm sure we will have a great time together. We are going to go out with a bang. This will be the last time I am with her before I leave for Russia.
Saturday is one month to Russia. I'm counting down the days. My ticket is bought and my visa is being processed.
No comments:
Post a Comment