In America it seems to me that the people who are the best "evangelists" are those who are outgoing. They are theologians. They have the answers to all the questions. I have never fit that mold. I'm not outgoing. I don't really like theology. I know what I believe but I can't always explain it. So often I feel like God lays things on my heart and I simply trust Him. I have had difficulty finding my place in America.
So what will it be like in Russia? I've been talking to a Russian this week and it seems quite different. Russians are not outgoing people in public. They don't trust easily. They only have a few close friends. Those friends become family and they will doing anything for them. They know how to love deeply and intimately. Russians also are people of the soul and mystery. They don't need all the answers they just want to know deep down in their souls what the truth is. Christ is shared through these deep intimate relationships. Through the care and love that is expressed. Even if you aren't extreemly close to one person they will watch how you care for those you are intimate with. That will affect their response to the Gospel. I am quiet, deep and caring. I feel like my personality traits finally are making sense.
I am looking forward to see how Christ will you me in this new setting. Have I been created especially for these people?
No comments:
Post a Comment