This is going to be a rant about the selfishness of others. People who have been exposed to COVID and chose not to get tested are selfish. I understand that you do not want a positive test. You do not want to lose your paycheck and be forced to quarentine. You have no symptoms so you think it doesn't matter. Every time you go to work, the store, or to a gathering you are putting others at risk. Then those people go out and unkowingly spread the risk. This is why COVID is growing at a rapid rate right now. Think of others before yourself!!!
Last weekend my parents moved and someone helped who had been exposed and did not tell us. They took no precautions. They road in my car and slept in my house. They were not thinking of me, my 70 year old mother, or my 70 year old father who has a very compromised imune system. Now we are all under quarantine, I had to get tested, and I can't set up my classroom or go to work until my results are back.
I know this is inconvenient. I don't have health insurance right now. The test is uncomfortable. I have things to do. I care more about the health and safety of others than of my own "comforts."
Please think of others first. Please don't be selfish. If you are exposed take the test or quarentine. There is no other responsible choice.
If you want this all to end remember your responsiblity in it!
Last weekend my parents moved and someone helped who had been exposed and did not tell us. They took no precautions. They road in my car and slept in my house. They were not thinking of me, my 70 year old mother, or my 70 year old father who has a very compromised imune system. Now we are all under quarantine, I had to get tested, and I can't set up my classroom or go to work until my results are back.
I know this is inconvenient. I don't have health insurance right now. The test is uncomfortable. I have things to do. I care more about the health and safety of others than of my own "comforts."
Please think of others first. Please don't be selfish. If you are exposed take the test or quarentine. There is no other responsible choice.
If you want this all to end remember your responsiblity in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment