We all have highlights and lowlights in our lives. For me those highlights revolve around dreams becoming a reality. The first time a dream came true for me I was riding in a bus in downtown Moscow after my flight arrived. I was twenty years old and everything seemed right in the world. Of course just a week later there were bombings in Moscow and then the war in Chechnya began. Honestly, even that could not take away the magic of living in Russia for the first time.
There have been other highlights as well. Going back to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan for the second time and getting to reconnect with five of my kids from the summer before. Moving to Wyoming and working in the church in Cody. Finally making the full time move to Russia. Oh, the big one, finishing language study! For most people highlights probably revolve around relationships and children. For me, God has blessed me with a career path that I love.
So tomorrow will be my next highlight. Tomorrow I will walk with my students into our classroom for the first time. This isn't something I have dreamed about since childhood. For the last two years it is something I have worked towards. It will be a fresh new dream come true. I don't know what is waiting for me around the corner. I am exited to walk into this dream tomorrow.
I hope that as each new dream comes true another dream will be created. I can't wait to see what the next dream will be.
There have been other highlights as well. Going back to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan for the second time and getting to reconnect with five of my kids from the summer before. Moving to Wyoming and working in the church in Cody. Finally making the full time move to Russia. Oh, the big one, finishing language study! For most people highlights probably revolve around relationships and children. For me, God has blessed me with a career path that I love.
So tomorrow will be my next highlight. Tomorrow I will walk with my students into our classroom for the first time. This isn't something I have dreamed about since childhood. For the last two years it is something I have worked towards. It will be a fresh new dream come true. I don't know what is waiting for me around the corner. I am exited to walk into this dream tomorrow.
I hope that as each new dream comes true another dream will be created. I can't wait to see what the next dream will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment