Saturday morning I read Colossians chapter 3 and verse 15 jumped out at me "And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful." The verses before and after enrich the meaning but little did I know how much I would need the peace of Christ less then twelve hours after reading those words.
If you are reading this you know that I called 911 on Saturday night and watched my dad decline rapidly. I left him alone in ICU at 1:30 am on Sunday morning and our rollercoaster was officially underway. I can't go into the details of all that has happened. I am drained, all I want to do is sleep. I need to take a moment to thank you for your prayers! The peace of Christ has been felt by my whole family through this ordeal. Right now, 91 hours after entering ICU, my dad is sleeping in a private room on a regular hospital floor. There are no tubes attached, no needles prodding, and no more constant interuptions of his sleep. We are entering the next phase and we are so ready for it!
So what really happened? He has Type A Strep in his blood. It is a blood bacteria infection which means the very first diagnosis of Sepsis was correct. They are still searching for the entry point of the infection. They need to find the entry point and close it off or the infection will come back. The doctors have narrowed it down to the noise or the mouth. The sick blood flowing through his heart caused his heart to become irregular and enter into afib. For the past 24 hours his heart has returned to normal. We are praising God. Then the crazy news. He has a brain tumor! That is not something you hear every day right! Wrong, in my family brain tumors don't seem to be anything new. Thankfully this one is benign and they plan on leaving it there.
So there you have it friends. I may write more later and I may not. I want you all to know that I am blessed by your prayers. My dad believes in the healing power of Jesus more than anyone else I know. Thank you for helping him experience that healing. In Christ alone our hope is found!
If you are reading this you know that I called 911 on Saturday night and watched my dad decline rapidly. I left him alone in ICU at 1:30 am on Sunday morning and our rollercoaster was officially underway. I can't go into the details of all that has happened. I am drained, all I want to do is sleep. I need to take a moment to thank you for your prayers! The peace of Christ has been felt by my whole family through this ordeal. Right now, 91 hours after entering ICU, my dad is sleeping in a private room on a regular hospital floor. There are no tubes attached, no needles prodding, and no more constant interuptions of his sleep. We are entering the next phase and we are so ready for it!
So what really happened? He has Type A Strep in his blood. It is a blood bacteria infection which means the very first diagnosis of Sepsis was correct. They are still searching for the entry point of the infection. They need to find the entry point and close it off or the infection will come back. The doctors have narrowed it down to the noise or the mouth. The sick blood flowing through his heart caused his heart to become irregular and enter into afib. For the past 24 hours his heart has returned to normal. We are praising God. Then the crazy news. He has a brain tumor! That is not something you hear every day right! Wrong, in my family brain tumors don't seem to be anything new. Thankfully this one is benign and they plan on leaving it there.
So there you have it friends. I may write more later and I may not. I want you all to know that I am blessed by your prayers. My dad believes in the healing power of Jesus more than anyone else I know. Thank you for helping him experience that healing. In Christ alone our hope is found!
No comments:
Post a Comment