Sunday was the first time I made it through a church service in nearly two months. I ended up going to a different service than usual because I stayed with my mom while my dad went and then we switched places. I was odly nervous and I wasn't sure how it would go but I knew I need it. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by people I know. It seemed like every ten feet I would hear a "hi Sarah." When you attend a large church that feels especially nice!
When I entered the sanctuary a friend caught my eye and I went to sit with her. Later we were joined by other friends. For the first time in a long time it felt like I was exactly where I was suposed to be.
The sermon was on the Babylonian exile and Daniel. It was about the path to hope. I feel very much like I am in exile right now and I'm looking for that path to hope. The first step to hope is obedience to what God is asking. That naturally leads to suffering. In saying yes to God we must say no to self. I have been pretty horrible at that lately. I have been suffering none the less. It was a good conviction for me that no matter how hard it is I need to obey. Trust me it is HARD!
Obedience leads to endurance. Can you stick it out for the long haul? That isn't exactly what I wanted to hear. I have a feeling it is what I needed to hear. God has been speaking to me lately. I don't like the time frame He is giving me. It certainly leads to endurance. If that is what He is asking than I must obey.
This might all sound like doom and gloom but remember there is hope at the end. Obedience leads to endurance which builds character. Every act of obedience leads to more confidence for the next act so that when God has something big for us we are ready for it. In the end we find ourselves with hope. Hope does not disapoint. It is a knowing that God is in control and it will be good and right.
While I am in this time of exile and suffering I can find things to rejoice in. Church on Sunday and the love I felt from God and His family was and is a huge blessing. Thank you Pastor Daulton for your message. May it be a good reminder to each of us that suffering is not meant to harm us but to build us up. It is a blessing from the Lord! Thank you God for what I am going through. Please give me grace and strength to make it back to the promised land!
When I entered the sanctuary a friend caught my eye and I went to sit with her. Later we were joined by other friends. For the first time in a long time it felt like I was exactly where I was suposed to be.
The sermon was on the Babylonian exile and Daniel. It was about the path to hope. I feel very much like I am in exile right now and I'm looking for that path to hope. The first step to hope is obedience to what God is asking. That naturally leads to suffering. In saying yes to God we must say no to self. I have been pretty horrible at that lately. I have been suffering none the less. It was a good conviction for me that no matter how hard it is I need to obey. Trust me it is HARD!
Obedience leads to endurance. Can you stick it out for the long haul? That isn't exactly what I wanted to hear. I have a feeling it is what I needed to hear. God has been speaking to me lately. I don't like the time frame He is giving me. It certainly leads to endurance. If that is what He is asking than I must obey.
This might all sound like doom and gloom but remember there is hope at the end. Obedience leads to endurance which builds character. Every act of obedience leads to more confidence for the next act so that when God has something big for us we are ready for it. In the end we find ourselves with hope. Hope does not disapoint. It is a knowing that God is in control and it will be good and right.
While I am in this time of exile and suffering I can find things to rejoice in. Church on Sunday and the love I felt from God and His family was and is a huge blessing. Thank you Pastor Daulton for your message. May it be a good reminder to each of us that suffering is not meant to harm us but to build us up. It is a blessing from the Lord! Thank you God for what I am going through. Please give me grace and strength to make it back to the promised land!
No comments:
Post a Comment