Saturday, September 16, 2017

Dreaming

14 months ago was my last blog.  In it I wrote about God's blessings in my life and His promises of putting my life back together.  Well in the past 14 months quite a bit has transpired.  Honestly in the last 7 weeks my life has felt more like it was breaking apart then coming together.  Then God got ahold of me.
I have been in a dark place for 7 weeks.  It has been difficult for me to eat, or sleep, and it has been impossible to dream or imagine my life better.  In that time I traveled to Europe for the vacation of a lifetime.  While it was incredible I found myself questioning my life, my purpose, and my future.  While I was gone I decided to make some drastic changes in my life.
I quit my job and I have decided to start from scratch again.  I met with a friend yesterday to dream about what God might have for me.  I told her that I already had my dream job and lived the life I wanted and God moved me on from that.  She asked me "if you could do anything what would it be? Dream!"  That is when I got teary.  The only thing I have ever really wanted to do is be a mom.  God has kept that from me.  I thought I was about to be blessed with motherhood but God had different plans.  So dreaming is hard for me.
Eventually I was able to tell her that my dream job would be helping families in crisis.  Facilitating visitation between foster children and parents.  Working with them on health and reuinification.  I didn't believe that a job like that would be possible for me.  I have been doing something similar, on a minor scale, in a volunteer position for a year but paid full time positions don't just happen.
God likes to surprise us.  This morning I applied for a couple of jobs and then this afternoon I went on a long walk.  I soaked in God's beauty and spent time just alone in His presence.  When I returned I looked on a job website again and I saw stairing right at me the job that I wanted.  I filled out the application and wrote a new cover letter.  I sent it away with my resume.  Not even 5 minutes later I recieved an excited call for an interview.
On Wednesday I will have my interview.  I don't know if I will get the job.  I do have hope that God is in control and He is orchestrating all of this for His glory and my good.
Tomorrow begins the restart of my writing career.  If I'm honest my other dream is to be published in America.  So I will give one day a week to that dream.
No matter where you are at in life, no matter how much time has passed or how many challenges and failures you have faced, know that it is never to late to dream.  Take time to dream and then take time to act.  Wait and see what the Lord will do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this was so encouraging to read today. I'm excited with you, Sarah, for this next adventure. May God grant you the desires of your heart. I love and miss you.
Donnie

ReNe'e Wagoner said...

Blessing abound dear sister in Christ �� I am so very happy for you ! My heart is doing a happy dance. Being patient in our waiting seems so hard...yet so worth it. I look forward to reading your works one day ! ReNe'e Wagoner

Miriam said...

Thanks for sharing this, Sarah. Praying about that interview tomorrow!
Love you!