Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Picture is Taking Shape

"Give me a year of your life"  God said.  So I've waited, what else could I really do.  A year has passed and life is really good.  He is fitting the puzzle pieces of my life together and a new picture is starting to take shape.  No, it isn't a picture that I have dreamt about.  It is a beautiful picture, crafted by the creator, and I am loving it.
I now have a church home where people know my name.  I am involved in ministries that uniquely fit my giftings and talents.  Friendships are beginning to form.  As an introvert all of this takes time for me so one year is a pretty fast pace.  So what are my ministries?  I am helping a boy with downs syndrome be a part of children's church.  I am leading a fellowship group of women and I was just asked to lead a life group as well.  Perhaps most uniquely I am coaching a family trying to help them reconnect as a family once again and live under one roof in peace.  No isn't foster care, that wasn't right for me.  Helping families through times of crisis is something I can do.
More than ministry or friendships I am healthy.  I have found physical health, that is obvious.  I have also found spiritual, and emotional health.  There were so many real sins that I was once struggling with on a daily basis.  I can now say I have overcome.  That doesn't make me perfect.  God is certainly opening my eyes to areas I need to work on and walk with Him in.  I can say that I am growing.  I believe I am in the best place of my life.
So what does this next year hold?  I don't know.  I do know what I am desiring.  I can't create or force my future.  So I am continuing to trust in the God who has never let me down and truly given me "more than I can ask or imagine, according to His power at work."  Ephesians 1:8

No comments: