Timing is an interesting concept. Do things simply happen to us? Are we in control of our own fate? Is God working behind the scenes like a conductor orchestrating our lives? Perhaps it is some odd combination of the three. However timing works it is keeping me on my toes. Without giving you exact dates here is how the timing of my life has gone recently.
Many of you know I started a new job working with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities. The job was going well until one day I walked in the door and was verbally bashed. It was borderline abusive and I was ready to quit on the spot. By Gods grace I managed to maintain my composure. I had already dealt with profanity and lying but abusive behavior was more than I was willing to take. I called my supervisor to complain and was basically told to suck it up. So that evening, with much pleasure, I sent in my letter of resignation telling them I would finish out my week. The week was certainly a difficult one. I hardly ate or slept but I did manage to get through the week.
Rejoicing over the end of my job I went out with my mom. It was then that timing seemed to fall into place. I received a phone call and my work with foster care began. From that moment to this I have been a foster mom. The learning curve is steep and long. Perhaps I will write more about that soon. For now I want to just acknowledge how great God’s timing is. He never gives us more that we can handle. He equips us for each day He gives. While this journey back to life in America certainly has been bumpy it is always a blessing to see the Lord’s hand in the midst of it.
1 comment:
Just popped in to see how you are doing. We do appreciate God's timing in all circumstances. Glad He is showing Himself to you everyday. Glad you are moving forward and all is well. Cheryl and Phil
Post a Comment