Well tomorrow, June 1st, my life officially starts over. I will be starting to train for a new job, an Individual Support Specialist. What that fully means I don't know but I am excited about it none the less. I do know that I will be working with three women who live together. Each of them have a different challenge in life. I will be supporting and encouraging them to live their lives to the fullest. I love working with people and caring for those who others look past. I prayed for a long time about finding the right job for me. I already feel at home with my coworkers and company.
The second step to moving forward is foster care, and lord willing adoption. Monday June 15th is my home inspection and interview. Things are beginning to move forward again. Then the following week on June 25th I have my first adoption meeting.
My life is different than I had ever planned and that is both exciting and very sad. Right now I "should be" in Long Beach, CA with friends at the C&MA General council. I "should be" getting ready to go back to Russia and dreaming of my life and ministry there. When I see pictures of my team mates together and hear their excitement there is an undeniable sadness inside of me. In those moments all I can do is take my sadness to God, trust in His guidance, and be thankful for all of the experiences He gave me in the past. I know He has amazing opportunities awaiting me in my future. So tomorrow the future finally arrives for me. Pray with me as I step into my new dream. Pray for peace, strength, and faith.
For all of those I have left behind please know I can never forget you. I love you, my Russia friends and family, I think of you often. I hope and pray that you can be happy for me in this new step. Please know that I am no further than an e-mail away. I hope you will always consider me part of your family.
For all of those I am about to meet, thank you for letting me be a part of your lives. I look forward to sharing this journey together.
The second step to moving forward is foster care, and lord willing adoption. Monday June 15th is my home inspection and interview. Things are beginning to move forward again. Then the following week on June 25th I have my first adoption meeting.
My life is different than I had ever planned and that is both exciting and very sad. Right now I "should be" in Long Beach, CA with friends at the C&MA General council. I "should be" getting ready to go back to Russia and dreaming of my life and ministry there. When I see pictures of my team mates together and hear their excitement there is an undeniable sadness inside of me. In those moments all I can do is take my sadness to God, trust in His guidance, and be thankful for all of the experiences He gave me in the past. I know He has amazing opportunities awaiting me in my future. So tomorrow the future finally arrives for me. Pray with me as I step into my new dream. Pray for peace, strength, and faith.
For all of those I have left behind please know I can never forget you. I love you, my Russia friends and family, I think of you often. I hope and pray that you can be happy for me in this new step. Please know that I am no further than an e-mail away. I hope you will always consider me part of your family.
For all of those I am about to meet, thank you for letting me be a part of your lives. I look forward to sharing this journey together.
3 comments:
I loved this post, Sarah! I sure would have liked to share some laughs with you this week but I'm so excited that you have a new future to pursue. I'm on the sideline cheering for you!
Love,
donnie
Of course, you will always be part of our family! I don't think I will ever watch "A Christmas Story" again without hearing you "coughing" on the side! :) We love you and are eagerly following your unfolding story!
There was definitely a "Sarah-sized hole" in our midst at Council. I miss you but feel such joy about the future ahead of you.-Blythe
Post a Comment