Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Healing

Some of you know that I am a published Russian author.  That is certainly not something I ever planned on happening.  It is something that I am proud of.  Still I don't feel like an author.  While I never planned on being a Russian author I have always dreamt about being an author here in America.  For many years I have had stories come in and out of my head.  I've taken notes and started chapters.  Today I started a book.
I am writing a memoir of the orphans I have known, loved, and left.  I want their stories to be heard.  I don't ever want to forget what they taught me.  Honestly, they are the ones that have brought me to where I am at today.  While writing is stirring up memories that bring tears putting those memories down in writing is bringing healing and peace to this heart.
Whether I ever become a published author here in America is yet to be seen.  That doesn't matter.  This post is a thank you to all "my children."  Thank you for showing me what it means to love.  What it means to be a mama.  Thank you for all of your smiles and laughs, your tears and pain.  Thank you for letting me enter into your lives.
 Thank You
Andre
Kostia
Colia
Rustam
Ulan
Ella
Syema
and all the rest
You are not forgotten
You are loved

2 comments:

Transientdrifter said...

Oh Sarah, I feel you on all accounts. We rally should actually talk sometime soon. If you have any self publication questions let me know when you get to that point, and if you ever need someone to proof your texts I'd be happy to help with that as well, since they won't be in Russian this time ;) big hugs!

Unknown said...

That is a precious picture!