Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Getting things ready

This past week I have been working on getting everything ready for someone to live in the room next door.  The room is starting to come together now with a bed, nightstand, desk, and dresser.  Then there are all the little touches as well.  One of the little touches will be the artwork.  I am starting to work on it now.  You will have to keep checking back to see pictures of my own art on the walls.  I can't wait for it to be done.  For now I am working all the small details like new batteries in the smoke detectors.  We now own two fire extinguishers and two different sizes of first aid kits.   We have an emergency supply kit put together and an evacuation plan in place.  If they made parents go though all of this before they gave birth I think we would have a lot more overdue mothers.
In the midst of the preparations are blessings.  It seams that every time I go to buy something there is a sale or what I need is on clearance.  Even though there is a lot to be done it is all happening so smoothly and quickly.  It is all just another affirmation that this is the right path for me.

No comments: