Thursday, April 09, 2015

Who you are

There are a lot of preconceived ideas on who a foster child is.  I know I have my own ideas.  Most of the time we are too embarrassed to own up to those ideas.  Here are some that I have heard:  They are damaged, poor, and dangerous.  Even though I am not a foster parent yet and so I can not dispel these rumors with actual stories I can tell you one fact.  They are children deeply loved by the Lord.  They are no different from your own children in the eyes of the Father.  They are precious, created with care, and worthy of love.  It is my earnest prayer that one day the children in my home, be it for a day or a year, will come to know the love of the Father.  So as I have created their bedroom one song has been my inspiration.  He is Greater by Mercy Me sums up what I want these children to know and feel when they enter my care.  Here is just an excerpt from the song.

Bring your tired
Bring your shame
Bring your guilt
Bring your pain
Don't you know that's not your name you will always be much more to me

Everyday I wrestle with the voices that keep telling me I'm not right but that's alright

Cause I hear a voice and he calls me redeemed when others say I'll never be enough and greater is the One living inside of me than he who is living in the world

Bring your doubts
Bring your fears
Bring your hurt
Bring your tears
They'll be no condemnation here you are holy, righteous and redeemed

Every time I fall there'll be those who will call me a mistake well that's okay

Cause I hear a voice and he calls me redeemed when others say I'll never be enough and greater is the One living inside of me than he who is living in the world



No comments: