A few days ago as I was waking up the terrible thought crossed my mind that in a few days I would be leaving my family again. Then a voice in my head said: “Don’t worry about where you are going but remember who is going with you.” Christ is with me on my journey and that gives me an indescribable peace.
5 years ago when I left for Russia I was young, hurting, and scared. This time things are different. I am writing this on a plane with excitement for what is ahead. I don’t have all of the answers. There are still so many unknowns even in the next few days. The fear isn’t there this time. God has replaced it with hope! Why is that?
Last term I was hospitalized in Russia, went to America for surgery, thought I had cancer, lived alone in a huge city, and burnt out. Something happened this year that was completely unexpected. God healed me. He took a broken hurting women and tenderly held her and cared for her. It was certainly a process. As I sought God He met me where I was at. He gave me a new perspective on life. He showed me how those trials I had gone through truly were blessings from Him. I can feel Him with me right now. He is sitting next to me holding my hand through this next phase. He was there with me last term. This term I’m letting Him have control. I’m allowing Him to comfort and guide me. I can’t wait to see what is to come.
Please, come with me on this journey and let us watch God at work!
2 comments:
Beautiful testimony, Sarah! I'm excited to see how this next adventure in Russia unfolds with you. Blessings!
Thank you so much for sharing this, Sara. I am eager to see what God does in this term through you and for you!!
joy & blessings,
Alida
Post a Comment