As many of you know my car froze up the week before Christmas durring a cold snap here in Nizhniy Novgorod. I was gone over Christmas but the weather here in Nizhniy was hovering at freezing and above. With the snow nearly melted away I had visions of my car starting again. Monday morning when I turned the key it was to no avail. Frustrated does not describe the way I felt. I called Sasha and he came over to jump my car with no sucsess. My car is under warenty (which I found out doesn't mean much) so he didn't want to fix anything in it himself. We decided to tow my car to the dealership. By tow I mean a tow rope. I sat behind the wheel of my freezing car for half an hour with one hand on the steering wheel, one hand on the emergency brake, and my foot hovering over the brake pedal. My windsheild was foggy and muddy but I had to keep my eye on Sashas car and the tow rope. ( I did run over the tow rope a few times and ripped it up a bit, opps.) We traversed through major intersections, trafic circles, a huge winding hill, and a bridge. I have never been so scared behind a wheel in my life. We eventually made it to the dealership.
New Years is Russia's big holiday so I was afraid I would lose my car for two weeks because of the holiday. To my pleasent surprise I was driving my own car within a few hours. So, do you want to know what the problem was? Bad gas!!! That's right folks there was dirt in my gas tank. Somehow that caused my spark plugs to go bad! I don't understand a thing about cars but I'm glad to have mine back in good condition.
4 comments:
Sarah,
So glad it wasn't a major problem! I bet that was a tense trip to the mechanic, though!
Love, Donnie
Wowzer Pooh, I'm sorry I forgot to ask about your car when we talked. I'm glad everything is okay now though:)
glad to hear the good news! Happy new year, friend
Oh Sarah, living here I could picture your trip and my heart was in my mouth while I was reading this. You poor little thing! Our car has been sitting for 2 months while we have been traveling and won't start. We got a friend to jump start it but in the mean time someone else blocked us into the parkovka and we couldn't drive out. Now it's dead again. Sigh
Post a Comment