Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camp Decision

Well we have finally come to a decision regarding camp. On Tuesday Victor and Sasha went out to the village in search of a location to hold camp. The looked in every direction with a nice Dyadya (uncle) as their guide. He told them he had three really good places he wanted to show them. The first place was just a feild with a river runing through it. A steep bank led down to the river and there was no way kids could go swiming and then get back up the bank. Needless to say Sasha and Victor began to worry.
The second location was much better ;). Dyadya said he purposly showed them this place after the second so they could compare the two and realize how nice this location was. This was also a big feild on a river. The bank was not a problem here though, its acess was easy. However, the biggest "plus" was a few trees. However, these trees happened to be located in the cemetary. I don't know what your opinions are but I'm not for holding a kids camp in a cemetary!
The third location wasn't any better than the first. Even continuing the search on their own they could not come up with a good location. We agreed that it seemed God had closed the door on doing kids camp with the orphanage. We are back to our orriginal plan of holding camp near by. We will only have arround 15 kids from our church and neighborhoods. We all agreed that even if we have one nonchristian child attending we need to go forward with the camp.
Since camp is only 10 days away I'm glad we finally have some answers. Now it's time to get to work.

No comments: