Monday, January 05, 2009

Flexibility

For those of you who have been following this blog for awihle probably know that I like to stay busy. Russians are fairly busy people but not always good at making plans. Which means my life has to be flexible. Going into this week there were a few things I knew I wanted to accomplish. After a few conversations in church yesterday this week seemed to fill up completely.
Monday: Pay taxes on my car and purchase Christmas presents for two teen orphan boys
Tuesday: Go over to the pastors house to help his wife Lena wrap all the presents for 21 orphans.
Wednesday: Russian Christmas, church is at 11
Thursday: Leave for the orphanage at 7:30 in the morning, it is far away so it should be an all day afair.
Friday: Game night
Saturday: Gotta leave one day open
Sunday: Teach Children's church
Monday: Leave for America!
On top of all of this I have hours of Russian homework, a children's church lesson to plan, a visa application to complete, trip details to nail down, and a trip to the US Embassy to prepare for on Monday.
How do I feel about it all? I LOVE IT!

No comments: