Let's see if I can sumarize the past month. A month ago I moved to Nizhniy Novgorod with one small suitcase. I stayed with the lovely Ron and Wilma. They took me around to purchase new furniture and all sorts of goodies to help me get settled in my apartment. A couple of days later my things arived and I had two days to unpack before flying to Alaska for vacation.
My first week in Alaska was full of doctors, dentists, and shopping. I even got a new social security card and drivers lisence. Doesn't that sound like a vacation to you? Well week two was better. My family and I went camping in cold overcast weather. At least it only rained one night out of the four days. Fun was had by all.
Then came last week. Honestly I can't even remember what happened last week. Okay, now it's comming back. I got over 13 inches of my hair cut off and donated to locks of love. For the first time in my life I have short hair, very short hair. Pictures will be posted eventually. I also went to an ear nose and throat doctor and found out I "get to" stay in Alaska a bit longer than planned. I have a lump on my thyroid. This week they are doing different tests on me and next week I will be meeting with my lovely doctor again. After a bummer of a day at the doctors the whole family went on a boat trip of the Talkeetna, Chitna, and Susitna rivers. That was very fun.
I guess that is my time in a nut shell. What did I do today? I took a capsule full of iodine. Then four hours later I laid on a bed very still for 30 minutes while they took three pictures of my throat. Then I sat up very still while more images were taken of my throat.
I'm in good spirits and I know God is watching over me.
5 comments:
sorry to hear about your unexpected extra time in Alaska! My prayers are with you!
Sarah,
Good to hear from you. I will be praying for your health, enjoy the extra time with your family.
Gail
Hey Sarah, sorry to hear about the conditions of your extended stay. Hope they get it all sorted and figured soon. God is in control, right? I'll be praying for you!
Oh, and I can't wait to see your new short hair! Very exciting la!
It was great to chat the other day. I am praying for you and praising God that His peace is present. Your life is a testimony!
It is nice to see you're blogging again...missed it. And I too am really eager to see your "new do!"
Loves...
Post a Comment