Saturday, April 12, 2008
Missionary Family
I'm back from field forum. It was another wonderful time away from class and the daily grind. We had amazing worship times and our speaker Morris Dirks led us into how to care for our own souls. I just want to share one highlight with you. On the final night we had our communion service. We did comunion a little bit differently. There was a silent station where you could take comunion by yourself, a healing station, and a dialouge sation. I went to the dialouge station even though I didn't want to. I first knelt down by myself to pray and the flood gates opened. There was so much I didn't know was there. The wait of upcomming ministry and my own spirtual inadiquacy came crashing down on me. After some time I finally stood up to take comunion and Ruth Dirks spoke words of affirmation to me. As soon as I walked away someone came up besides me and held me tight. I looked down and it was one of our Missionary Kids (MK's). What a blessing it is to be a part of this community. It really is a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree Sarah!! I love you sister!! I am so thankful to be a part of this family with you and for how you have reached out to me and helped me feel like a part of it here. LUV - RJ
And just think, Morris Dirks used to be the pastor at Salem Alliance where I used to go. Of course he was there long before I went, but my sister used to go there so I've heard him speak before. Oh the connections in life. Hope you're doing well and all healthy these days! Love ya!
Post a Comment