Today I went to a going away party for my closest Russian friend. She is moving to America in two weeks. I have not been the friend to her that I should have been because I wasn't forgiving.
Back in January she was suposed to come to my birthday party. She didn't show up so I called her and she said she wasn't comming but she would explain latter. This wasn't the first time she had cancelled on me without even calling. I was fed up and decided I would wait to here from her. The problem was I never heard from her. I then gave up on the friendship. Then a week ago I recieved a phone call inviting me to a going away party for her. I reluctantly went tonight wanting to end on a good note. I found out she has been calling and writing me. She has been writing to the wrong cell phone number and calling my house when I'm not home. For months she has been trying to get ahold of me while I have been holding a grudge. She is very forgiving. She even asked if I could still be her maid of honour. Ican't be because I will still be in Russia when she gets married. It hurts to know that I have treated a friend so badly all because I didn't forgive and I gave up being a friend myself.
Hopefully this lesson on being a true friend is learnt.
No comments:
Post a Comment