Friday, February 15, 2008

Winter has arrived

A beautiful snowy alley in Nizhniy Novgorod
An old wooden house in Nizhniy Novgorod. There are no wooden houses in Krasnodar.
The ice church in downtown Nizhni Novgorod. I'm sorry you can't see the domes.

The pictures above are of Nizhniy Novgorod but winter has finally arived in Krasnodar as well. Yesterday morning on the way to school it was snowing very lightly and of course nothing lasted. Then this morning I woke up to a covering of snow that quickly melted away. Right now it is snowing strong and from the looks of the footprints from the kids playing outside it looks like there are a couple of inches on the ground. I love the snow and I'm happy it finally decided to come to the south.

What's new in my life.

In school we have past a milestone. We are now on lesson 101. There are only 125 lessons total. There is a dim light starting to shine through.

This week our field leadership met and they discussed my future ministry placement. Their meetings are over but I still don't know there decision. I'm trying to be patient, we'll see how long that lasts.

I finally picked out the car that I want. It is a Daewoo but I can't remember the exact model name. It should be a good car that I will be able to drive at least 10 years without any major problems and it is very good on gas. There is a Daewoo factory in Russia so the car is made here which means I don't have to pay the 30% import tax. Now all I need is $6,000 more and I need to learn how to drive a stick.

I guess thats all the news for now.

2 comments:

Jeff & Rebecca Jo said...

...and how to drive in Russia!!!

Transient Drifter said...

Oh Sarah, driving a stick is sooooo much fun! You'll have no problem. Jessie is actually the one who taught me how :) And enjoy the snow. Personally I'm hoping that winter is over in the Czech Republic!