Monday, February 25, 2008

It's the little things

The other day I went to the grocery store. Now Russians are not known for their friendliness. Even though they work at a store they don't always feel responsible to help the customer. Usually when you ask for an item that you can't find you recieve a blank expresion in return. This day was different. I needed letuce and they were completly out. Keep in mind the entire produce section is about 5 feet long, so it's not hard to find what your looking for. There was an employee stocking produce and I asked her if there was any letuce. She looked, realized it was missing, and with a smile she told me to wait there. In a couple minutes she came back with bags of letuce and asked me which one I wanted. I was in shock.
Its the little things that can bring a smile to your face in this country where most small easy tasks turn out to be long and difficult.

1 comment:

Alida Sharp said...

I love it when things like that happen!!