Thursday, February 07, 2008

My comming out party

Me inside the Kremlin in Nizhniy Novgorod
Ron and Wilma overlooking the Oka River
The Chineese students over for dinner

The time arrived for me and I decided to just go for broke. Last week I had the priviledge of traveling to Nizhniy Novgorod. I spent 5 days in NN with our missionary family there, getting reoriented to the city, and meeting the church. I went to school in NN 8 years ago, time really does go by fast. In seeking where God wants me to move next I have felt lead back to NN. This trip was a time to seek God on the ground. I decided ahead of time to do it all in Russian, that's the comming out part.

On Wednesday night I attended a church Bible study where I was able to share my testimony and get to know some of the people in the church. Friday night Chinese students came over and brought real Chinese food with them. Then Sunday morning I did an activity with the kids and instantly connected with them. After church I met with the board and answered some of their questions.

I had a wonderful time. I love the church and the city and I am praying that everything will work out and I will be back there permanently this summer.

Right now I'm just praying to get over the flu. That's right I'm sick again.

2 comments:

Donnie and Blythe said...

Sarah, that picture of you in the snow is beautiful! I want a copy.
-Blythe

Alida Sharp said...

Sarah,
I love your photos and reading your blog... it was great to get to know you a little better!
And I pray that you get over the flu and come back to school soon :)

Alida