Today was a good and busy day. Early this afternoon I met my friends at a movie theater. We wanted to see the sequal to a very famous Russian New Years movie. The movie wasn't starting for a few hours. We went to a near by church, where we all have friends, they were having a Christmas party for children of the church and orphans. We were able to help with that. It was such an unexpected blessing.
Eventually we made it to the movie. I was surprised that I understood almost everything. Basically I understood everything except for the drund people. I still have a hard time with the slurs. Maybe sometime I'll tell you about the movie and give you a lesson on Russian humor.
After that I met with my language helper at her house. She made me dinner and showed me a lot of pictures.
Now I'm home and packing because in the morning I leave for Ukraine. Hopefully I will be there only one day. I have been in Russia six months so I have to leave the country. Please pray that everything will go smoothly for all of us going.
I'll write when I get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment