Friday, January 18, 2008

Grocery Shopping

Okay so maybe it's not an interesting topic but I don't know what else to write about. I thought I would tell you what grocery shopping is like for me. First of all I have to write my list like anywhere else and then divide it by the places I think I can get the items. Sunday is my birthday so I am having a party and hosting quite a few people. To prepare for the event I wrote my list. I knew I had to get more than I could carry at one time so yesterday I went to one grocery store to buy the easier to find items. This grocery store doesn't carry a lot but it's a bit cheeper. After I bought the items I carried my 20-30 lbs a block to the tram stop. I waited and got on the tram quickly to get one of the few seats. I rode 15 minutes to my stop. Walked to my building and up four flights of stairs. Today I went to the outdoor market right next to my good grocery store. I am making taco's so there were quite a few produce items I needed. Of course there is always something you can't find. Today to my surprise I found avacados but not lettuce or tomatoes! I bought what I could and then headed to the grocery store. I put my produce in a locker and then went into the store. I found my lettuce and tomatoes for an extreemly high price. Amazingly I found everything else as well. I then checked out and went to my locker to consolidate my bags. I carried my 30lbs back to the tram to wait and start the process home all over again.
That's what grocery shopping is like for me and I do it at least once a week. The normal process takes about two hours to get two bags of groceries. You wonder what I do with my time!

If you want to give to my vehicle fund to give me a little more time in my life here's how you can give. Please write your check out to “The Christian and Missionary Alliance” In the memo write “Rowley-Vehicle Fund” You can send the check to:
The Christian and Missionary Alliance
P.O. Box 35000
Colorado Springs, CO 80935-3500

Thanks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! Taco seasoning on its way to you. Sounds like you're getting great exercise. God Bless

JB and Iris said...

Sarah... Happy Birthday to you! I'm praying that you're able to get a car very soon- it is amazing how much less stressful life is w/ a car. Though traffic is terrible, it makes such a difference to be able to put all your groceries in the trunk and to not have to carry them on the tram and not even know if you'll have a seat! I've never appreciated a car so much in my life! Love you, girlie! Have a great birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Sarah!!! It's Sunday in Wyoming, but at this time, it's probably Monday where you are. Regardless, I'm thinking about you today, and I hope that this next year holds many blessings for you.