Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Holidays keep going and going and going

Russia is the land of the never ending celebrations. I already wrote about my Christmas but now for new years. On new years eve our team gathered together to celebrate. We prayed, played games, and ate lots of food. Then after a couple short hours those with little kiddies left. By the end it waas up to the Rundstrom family and the singles to ring in the new year. We went out to the bridge over the Kuban river and watched the fireworks shooting off all around the city. It was litterally a 360 display of the biggest fireworks I have ever seen. It was like a Seattle dispaly in ever direction. It just kept going. We stayed in the cold for about a half an hour before driving home. Then we stayed up and watched a movie. Eventually I crashed at the Rundstroms around 3AM only to have this old body wake me up at 8:30. I spent the morning and afternoon there before leaving to party some more at the Masons. By 7:30 that night I was spent.
Since then I have been home avoiding the freezing wind outside. It has gotten pretty boring. Today for a change I took down my Christmas decorations. Which would be a horror to Russians because tommorrow is Christmas Eve in Russia! My only celebration will be going to church. Perhaps I will get my packages in time for Russian Christmas. It's highly unlikely. I did recieve my package from the South Fork Life Group! Thanks guys!
Well I guess thats all.
Have a Merry Russian Christmas!

No comments: