Yesterday I celebrated the fourth of July in a wonderful way. Downtown there is a penninsula with an amusement park, water park, and military park. I was supposed to meet some friends at the military park for lunch. They were running late so I ended up eating alone. It wasn't all that bad. As I sat behind a huge tank I couldn't help but let my mind wander. Here I am in Russia. The former "evil empire" of the USA. These tanks at one time fought against my country. Freedom for both countries was in the balance. In a way that only God can do He bought freedom to both of these great nations that I love. While I sat there a yound boy was looking at the tanks with his grandma. He asked if they still worked. She said no, they stopped using them after World War II. His reply was "that's too bad." She said no it's great. It means there is no more war. The boys got to go back to their families because the fighting had stopped. It was interesting to here her talk, someone who had lived through WWII in Russia, and event that changed this nation.
When my friends arrived I sat with them while they had a quick lunch and then we made our way over to the water park. I love the water so this was a day for me. We played for four hours in the water, going down slides, swimming, and diving. My body does hurt a little today but it was worth it. Since I always tell you my poitive accent stories I'll tell you a negative. I was in the pool with Rachel 13 and Timothy 10. We were speaking in English. These guys came up and asked me where we were from. I told them. Then they asked if we were siblings. That made me feel young. Then they asked if Rachel was Russian because I have an accent and she doesn't! Rachel didn't even grow up as an MK here. She moved here when she was 10. Oh well, I'm proud of her accent. Maybe someday I can achieve her level.
No comments:
Post a Comment