Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Less than a week

In one week I will be on a plane to Russia. I've gone through my share of emotions from excitement to sadness. Right at this moment my main emotion is sheer excitement. I just want to get on that plane and get going. I have a whole life waiting for me over there. God has so clearly directed me there. A year ago there was something else I wanted ver badly for my life. Now this is what I want because I know it is what God has called me to. It is what He made me for. My life just wouldn't be complete without Russia. I've waited a long time for this moment. I know life will not be easy over there. I know language will be difficult. Cultural transition will be shocking. Ministry will be challenging. There will be times of extreeme lonliness. Right now I'm not focusing on that. I'm focusing on all the joys that are yet to be lived. If you have ever had the priviledge of praying with someone to recieve Christ you know there is no greater joy in the world. Helping someone finally get that God loves them is a privildge I cherish. That is my job. I can't think of a better one in the world.
Today I'm not scared I'm ready to embrace God's plan for my life.

No comments: