Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Final Church Edition

I am posting my final church edition of Rowley's Roar for anyone interusted.

Just over three years ago I stood up in the middle of church and cried. I knew God had called me to missions. I had one final step to go. I was waiting to do my home service. Home service for a missionary candidate is working in a North American church as preparation to go overseas full time. I stood up and cried in my fathers church because I didn’t have a home service. I had been sending out resumes throughout the country for 5 months and never received a response. I felt like no one wanted me. No one was willing to take a risk and hire me. I was devastated. Shortly after I stood up to ask for prayer I received two phone calls. The first was from Pastor Adriaan in Cody, WY. I had to look on the map to see where that was. The second was from a Russian church plant in southern California.
God directed me to Cody. At the time I didn’t fully understand why. A Russian church would seem more practical. I had a peace and a knowing that the Lord wanted me in Cody. I have now been in Cody 2 years and 9 months. I have a greater understanding of why God called me here. I have learned and grown in many ways. I have been stretched and challenged. Most of all I have been loved. You have cared for me and given me a great appreciation for the Body of Christ in America. Thank you for that.
As I prepare to move on I am facing many challenges. I am moving to a city in Russia that is more unstable now than it has been since the fall of communism. Christianity is being persecuted. It doesn’t make sense for me to go there except that God has called me there. God has given me a tremendous peace. The same peace I had coming to Cody.
Next week I will stand up in front of this church and probably cry. Just as the church in Alaska came around me and prayed for that next step I will need you to come around me this time. Pray for me and continue to love me. You have no idea how desperately I need you right now.

Lovingly,
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah! I can't wait for you to join us on this side of the pond. :) Hey, you'll want to be sure to set up a user on the "My CMA" website, add this blog to it, and then any posts that you do will be automatically updated for all the C&MA to see and to be praying for you. Pray you get better soon. I know that God will continue to give you much joy and peace, and expecially strength admidst all the travels before heading out. Hang in there, chicarita. Long live El Verde! Love, Carolyn