Saturday, May 16, 2020

"You have found a home!"

Earlier this week I was very disouraged in my search for a teaching position.  I talked to quite a few friends, received alot of advice, and prayed.  I started preparing a little differently for interviews.  I had pulled up a file of stories from the last three years working in an elementary school so that I would be ready to share specific examples when asked any number of questions.  I trusted and I prayed.  Really, why do I doubt so easily?  God has lead me in this process in so many incredible ways and yet when the slightest problem occurs I doubt.  Not today Satan, not today!

This morning I had my fourth interview for an elementary teaching position.  I felt really good in the interview and afterwards.  I didn't second guess any of my answers.  I felt not only secure about what I said but excited about what they said about their school.  I don't want to get into the specifics about the school but if you know my background and me then you would understand how perfectly aligned I am for this school.

A few very short hours later I received the phone call.  "I hope I can make your day even better by offering you the third grade position at Big Lake Elementary!"  I started to cry.  I was so genuinly excited.  She went on to tell me, "you're job search is over, you have found a home, welcome to our family!"  Those perfect words washed over me and melted me.

I am excited for what this next school year has to bring.  I am ready to move forward into my future and enjoy this beautiful summer that God has laid before me!

I am now a Big Lake Grizzly!


No comments: