This past month has been rough for me. I am working 40 hours and I am in class or studying another 35 at least. My life consists of work, class, homework, and sleep. Sundays I get a few hours off when I go to church. Then I got a cold. For two weeks I coughed and struggled to breathe. Then last night it all cleared up and I went to bed without cough medicine and I slept soundly.
I went to church this morning after two weeks of missing it. In Sunday school someone shared some personal issues God is working on in their life. I needed to hear her struggles. They were convicting to me and encouraging at the same time.
I came home from church and I recieved a text from a friend who knows my personal struggles very well. She felt God was leading her to share a sermon with me. I listened to a sermon on the love of God and I cried. Three times in my life I have heard the audible voice of God. When I was ten he called me to Russia. When I was 31 He gave me Psalm 46:10 and asked me to rest in Him. When I was 21 He told me He loved me. It changed my world. Somewhere along the way the abiding truth of that love was lost. I was never wanted by a man. I was never sought after or admired. No one ever told me I was beautiful until someone did. I was loved and cherished for a brief moment in time and then he left. I believed no one could love me. Today I was reminded how loved I am. I am loved by an unstopable God. He is my Father, Savior, friend, husband, healer, comforter, and so much more. While I long to be loved by a man on this earth. This is earth is not my home. It is not my resting place. It is not the end goal. One day, for all eternity, I will dwell in the house of my Lord. I will live in the glory of His love. That is everything to me.
These reminders are huge. They are blessings that alter my outlook on life. September has been rough. October will be blessed. I encourage you today to share what you are learning, how you are being challenged and convicted, and how you are blessed. You never know the impact you may have on someones day, month, or life.
I went to church this morning after two weeks of missing it. In Sunday school someone shared some personal issues God is working on in their life. I needed to hear her struggles. They were convicting to me and encouraging at the same time.
I came home from church and I recieved a text from a friend who knows my personal struggles very well. She felt God was leading her to share a sermon with me. I listened to a sermon on the love of God and I cried. Three times in my life I have heard the audible voice of God. When I was ten he called me to Russia. When I was 31 He gave me Psalm 46:10 and asked me to rest in Him. When I was 21 He told me He loved me. It changed my world. Somewhere along the way the abiding truth of that love was lost. I was never wanted by a man. I was never sought after or admired. No one ever told me I was beautiful until someone did. I was loved and cherished for a brief moment in time and then he left. I believed no one could love me. Today I was reminded how loved I am. I am loved by an unstopable God. He is my Father, Savior, friend, husband, healer, comforter, and so much more. While I long to be loved by a man on this earth. This is earth is not my home. It is not my resting place. It is not the end goal. One day, for all eternity, I will dwell in the house of my Lord. I will live in the glory of His love. That is everything to me.
These reminders are huge. They are blessings that alter my outlook on life. September has been rough. October will be blessed. I encourage you today to share what you are learning, how you are being challenged and convicted, and how you are blessed. You never know the impact you may have on someones day, month, or life.
No comments:
Post a Comment