Monday, August 19, 2019

What I learned from Sunday School

I teach Children's Church every now and again and it always amazes me what I learn from lessons designed for children.  As I mentioned in my last blog God has been leading me on a journey of what it means to trust.  When everything is out of my hands do I still trust Him?  When the person I love most in this world wants nothing to do with me can I still trust God?  Daily I lay down my desires and give God my trust.  Some days it is joyous and easy and other days it is a sacrifice.

Recently I have been struggling with the sacrifice.  Lord if you have promised something where is it? How long do I have to wait?  When will this lesson and time of testing be over?  Then I read my children's church lesson on Abraham and Isaac.  In Genesis 22 God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac.  Abraham loved his only son more than anything.  Isaac was the long awaited promise from God.  How could Abraham sacrifice such a gift?  Abraham never questioned God.  He fully obeyed and God blessed that obedience with a substitute sacrifice.  Abraham trusted and so can I.  Abraham didn't know what the outcome would be and I have no clue what God is ultimately going to do with my sacrifice.  I can trust knowing that God is in control and He wants what is good for me.  I continue to pray, wait and sacrifice.

If you are going through a season of trust and sacrifice please know that you are not alone.  Your sacrifice is seen and honored.  Keep moving forward in the steps God lays out for you and you will find His blessing.

No comments: