Monday, August 01, 2011

Sasha's Saga

For those of you who read my newsletter you have already heard about Sasha. She is a woman who God loves dearly and I believe He is opening up her heart to Him. Well yesterday was Sunday and she came to church like she said she would! At the end of church we always break into small groups to pray. She said she had never prayed before and she wasn't sure how to do it. We told her she didn't need to. When we were done praying she looked up at Tanya, her friend, and said I want to pray for you but how do I do it. We told her just to talk to God like He is a person. She began to pray for the first time. She looked up at each of us as she prayed. She prayed for Tanya's safety on a trip she will be taking soon. It was a blessing to here this first prayer of Sasha's.
At the end of church she met the Dima and Valya, the pastor and his wife. They invited her to a cooking club at there house on Tuesday. So Tuesday Sasha and I are meeting up and going to the cooking club together.
When we left church Sasha, Tanya and I walked around downtown for a couple of hours. When Tanya and I left Sasha at the metro Tanya told me a bit more about Sasha. Sasha moved here three years ago from the far east when her husband divorced her. She lives with her daughter who is extremely cruel to her. She doesn't have any friends. Tanya is leaving on Thursday for a month and she basically handed Sasha over to me. I will be meeting Sasha for cooking club, church, and hopefully small group. Pray that I have the opportunity to meet with Sasha and share what I believe with her. I know God is already at work in her life!

2 comments:

Michael and Karen McDonald said...

Good work, praying the the Lord continues His work in her life.

Alida Sharp said...

How exciting! You and Sasha will be in my prayers.