Sunday, November 15, 2009

The goings on, and another doctors visit

I know it's been awhile since I've written. I assure you I haven't just been sitting around. I went to Spain to get a new visa and then to the black sea for a conference. I have been home for just over a week and working on catching up with everything.
Our Pastor Victor has been gone for a month. He was visiting churches in America and today was the first I have seen him since his American adventure. It was interesting to hear his thoughts on America. He knew that Americans smile a lot but he was surprised by how often people say "excuse me." He was also impressed with the cleanliness. He was disheartened by the amount of credit people have and that the phrase "how are you" has no real meaning in America. A Russian American gave him two things to bring back to his American friend, me. Can you guess what that would be? Peanut butter crackers and tuna fish. I have no idea why but she said all Americans will understand. If you understand could you let me know ;)

My Russian friends are very worried about my health. My skin is not very good. I get extreemly bad breakouts and they finally convinced me to see a doctor. As usual this visit was unusual. First of all it was in a medical supply store. Anyone can purchase items and this store and they sell the usual wheel chairs and nebulizers but they also sell needles and scalpels. Anyway, after waiting a couple hours for the doctor I went into a small room to find the doctor sitting there with a computer and printer in front of him. I sat down next to him and he put "head phones" on me. The clicking in my ears started and I could see all of my organs, mucsles, bones, ect. flashing across the computer screen. Evidently from my brain he could check on every aspect of my body. It turns out I am low in some hormones and vitamins and that my thyroid isn't producing enough "eud" (if you know what that is in English could you tell me.) Anyway, tomorrow I am going out with a Russian friend to buy all my suppliments. Hopefully that will be a less eventful experience.

2 comments:

donandbella said...

Sarah, that headphone thing is wild! How does that work???
Love ya, Donnie

Prairie Mama said...

Have you started your supplements? Are you feeling any better yet? I am wondering about his head phones too!