Friday, October 16, 2009

Samson

I was trying to prepare my children's church lesson today and I was having trouble. I write my own curriculum and some days the creative juices flow and other days I just get blocked. Today I was blocked. The lesson is on Samson and Deliliah and how Samson in the end defeats the Philistines. First of all I couldn't think of a single game or craft to do with the story. Secondly, what lesson could I give to my kids from Samsons life. What is there to learn from him?
Here is what I finally came up with. "God uses the weak things of this world to put to shame the things which are mighty.... that no flesh should glory in His presence.... He who glories, let him glory in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 28-31. Samson was proud and arrogant about his strength. He forgot that his strength came from God. God had to take that strength away to remind Him that God is all powerful. We need to remember that all good things come from God. We need to be careful to rember Him and give Him all the glory or we could end up like Samson with our "strength" taken away.
Well, any comments or sugestions?

No comments: