
A few days ago I took a personality test for a conference I am going to soon. I have taken the Myers Briggs and DISC tests before so I didn't think I would learn much new. I did. I learned that I am a perfectionist! I am what is called The Reformer and that means I'm rational, idealistic, principled, purposeful, self controlled, and a perfectionist. While all of those traits have helped to get me to Russia they seem to make living here very difficult. My daily life here is chaotic at best. I have very little order and almost no structure. Flexibility is a trait that I am having to learn. I never fully complete a task. My lists seem to grow endlessly so there is never a sense of completion. Hopefully this conference will help me mesh who I am with what I need to be to minister here.
Interestingly my second highest trait was very different, The Helper. I am caring, interpersonal, generous, demonstrative, people pleasing, and possesive. That requires even more flexibility. In order for me to be there for people in Russia means I have to be ready to stop what I'm doing and run to their aid at any given time. That happens more than you might think. It all leads to a very worn out Sarah and one who never feels like she is doing enough.
2 comments:
It always amazes me how God's providence works out. He makes us in the womb and then we spend a lifetime trying to be transformed to His likeness. Seems silly but is really the perfect plan. :)
I am so amazed at your perserverance and heart for Russia and for God. Thank you for your willingness to be used by God and an example to the rest of us.
Sounds like it was pretty accurate for you. I'm taking mine today. it will be interesting to compare notes!
Post a Comment