Yesterday was a unique day for myself as well as for the city I call home. Nizhniy Novgorod celebrated its 788th birthday yesterday. The youth in church were surprised to learned their city is older than my country.
Anyways back to my day. My Sunday started out fairly normal with children's church. We have new children each week now and some of the new kids are returning. It is exciting to see the growth. I am feeling much more comfortable teaching in Russian. One little girl was especially excited yesterday. Yesterday was Sofia's 7th birthday. Here, turning 7 is like turning 5 in America. She was more excited because the pastors family and myself were going over to her house after church. She couldn't stop smiling and hugging us. So after church we headed over to Sofia's apartment and had a wonderful time of fellowship with her family.
Later in the day I went to the university I studied at ten years ago. I met the new American students and we all headed over to the directors house for a movie/game night. After over a month of no English it was wonderful to be able to let my brain relax and forget Russian for awhile.
Where is my realization. As I was driving home late last night I was going over my day again. I realized that my favorite time of the day was at Sofia's birthday and at church. I would rather spend time with my Russian friends, even with the language difficulties, than with Americans I don't know well. That realization made me feel very good. It showed me I am growing and being molded.
2 comments:
Oh, if only the Czech language would come to me. You give me hope, Sarah :)
I think it shows that you are definately doing what God has called you to do =}
Post a Comment