Thursday, September 04, 2008

Alaska's Day in the Sun

I have been trying my best not to blog on this subject but I just can't help myself. I am a resident of Wasilla, AK. When my parents moved here in 2000 Sarah Palin was their mayor. Now she is our Governor. She is also a member of the church my family attends. She is greatly loved and respected. When the news broke on Friday morning of John McCains decision Alaskans woke up in tears of joy. This town and state have not stoped buzzing since then. I have had a hard time pulling myself away from CNN and CSPAN.
I can not tell you how to vote I can tell you I am a proud Alaskan!

2 comments:

Prairie Mama said...

She's got more than Alaska buzzing and she's got our vote! The Prairie Daddy said she's the one he wishes he could vote into the Presidency!

That is awesome she's from your parent's church...I have been wondering about you and if there was a connection!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I'm so glad you wrote about this! I've been telling a lot of people what you've said. It means a lot to hear it from an Alaskan. I'm excited about her too!