Monday, January 27, 2020

Blessing

It is Sunday night and I am about to start my fourth week of student teaching.  After this week I will be a quarter of the way through.  Through all that I am learning and all of the challenges that I am facing I am coming away with one concrete truth.  God is orchestrating my life.  
God is in control of this process.  My first week of student teaching was not the right fit for me.  After prayer and seeking council I was able to talk to those in charge and I was quickly transferred.  My new host is not only a friend and an excellent teacher but she is a Godly mentor as well.  I see God’s hand in this placement.  I am not only blessed by her but I am thankful that I can be a blessing in return.
I come home every night with questions answered and more questions that have come to mind.  My to do list continues to grow.  Chores are not getting done and groceries are dwindling.  Even in the fullness of life I am excited everyday to go to work.  I love getting to know my students.  I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm for learning and my excitement for exploration.  We are growing together.  When I hear questions like, “are you going to teach fourth grade next year?”, from my third grade students, and statements such as, “I hope you will be my teacher.”  I am affirmed that I am on the right path.
I have walked through a desert since leaving Russia in 2014.  I struggled to find my place in America.  I never thought I would be as passionate about my career again.  I am.  I love teaching.  It’s scary at times.  I don’t want to mess up.  I don’t want to damage a young mind and heart.  It is a privilege to be able to share these days encouraging, teaching, and shaping young minds and hearts.  I am blessed.
My journey is not over.  I have made it through the desert and I am on my way up the mountain.  Right now I am in a heavy forest where I can only see one step ahead.  So I take that one step and I trust God with the rest.
I have made mistakes along this journey.  Some of them have been small and one so huge it may have changed the course of my life forever.  Despite all of that God is still in control, directing, loving, forgiving and patient.  No matter where you are on this journey.  Trust in God’s direction and guidance.  Submit to His will.  Walk in His steps.  You will find His blessing.

My Daily Prayer
Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.  Amen.  

No comments: