3 year old Kristina and her coloring page.
5 year old Slavik and his worksheet. (color all the spaces that have dots)
9 year old Natasha and her worksheet.
Kids ages 3-13 all working quietly. I call it a miracle!This week Children's Church was an uphill battle for me but the Lord was deffinitly with me. For starters half way through my preparation I recieved a phone call that my grandfather had a stroke and was in a comma. That stopped all work for the day. By that evening in Russia my grandfather had passed away. I still wanted to pull it together to do Children's church. I will be in America and I will miss two Sunday's so I wanted to do this for the kids.
I had zero creativity as one might expect. We are on the story of David hiding in the caves and Saul comming to kill him. I decided to have a child read the story while I built the scene out of play dough. Well, as fate would have it, we lost our room again this Sunday. We had to meet in the cafeteria. It is too loud there for the kids to read. I had to read the story, which I was not prepared to do, build the scene, and keep the kids interested. Somehow I managed. Even the kids that never listen were able to answer the questions! Thank you God!
In leu of a craft I passed out age aproriate worksheets, pictured above. The worksheets kept the kids interested and quiet for the rest of the time. It was a great Children's church.
Side note: When I was on a short term trip to central Asia I was having a very bad day. I asked God to somehow reveal himself to me. Every single morning when I talk to God I tell Him how badly I want a hug from Him. Well this particular day a three year old boy came running up to me and gave me a huge hug and held on to me for the rest of the day. He had never done that before nor did he hug me after that day. I called it my hug from God. Today God decided to hug me again through 3 year old Kristina. She is not a touchy feely child but she ran up and hugged me and sat on my lap and was very cuddly with me. Thank you God for your hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment